Phyliss Eva Chase Jaeger-Nelson died Sept. 16 in St. Louis Park. She was born Jan. 8, 1935. She grew up in Minneapolis and met John Jaeger, Dent, Minnesota, in college. She moved to West Silent Lake after marrying, and had four children: John Jr., Elizabeth “Robi,” Aaron, and Barry. All four of the Jaeger children attended school in Pelican Rapids. She owned and operated the Riverside Dress Shop in downtown Pelican Rapids for a number of years. She loved her customers, and providing clothing for women and girls. Her parents were Bill and Beth, who also owned the downtown shop—as well as the local bowling alley and restaurant. The Jaegers loved the community of Pelican Rapids. Phyliss died peacefully at Shalom West in St. Louis Park, Minnesota, where they lived since about 1987. She is survived by her brother Steve and sister-in-law Jane, and their children. Also surviving, Phyliss’s four children and many grand and great-grandchildren. Her loving husband, James R. Nelson, is living at Shalom Home. He has five children, and many grandchildren and great-grandchildren. Any sympathy cards can be sent to Aaron Jaeger, 29582, Silent Shore Drive, Dent, MN, 56528-9022.
- A storybook Christmas at historic Scambler Union Church by Pelican Rapids Press
- Total cost of Hwy 59-108 project may be $25.5 million by Pelican Rapids Press
- Do You Remember When? Known widely as the ‘Walt Boe’ grocery store, stately Pelican structure gets facelift by Pelican Rapids Press
- Transitions: From country classroom to the ‘big city school house’ by Kim Pederson
- Champions: Pelican 7-8 grade basketball teams sweep junior tourney by Pelican Rapids Press