Arvig is excited to congratulate the 36, 2019 high school seniors who received the Royale B. and Eleanor M. Arvig Memorial Scholarship in the amount of $3,000 each.
Students were selected based upon achievements or interest in the field of mathematics, engineering, accounting, computer science, telecommunications or any of the physical sciences.
“We are proud to invest in the futures of area students,” said David Arvig, Vice President/Chief Operating Officer at Arvig. “Our rural communities need educated and talented young people to be our future leaders. We want to congratulate each one on their success and wish them the best of luck as they pursue their education.”
Following are some of the area scholarship recipients:
• Hayden Christenson (Pelican Rapids High School), majoring in engineering
• Brady Scholten (Battle Lake High School), majoring in biology
• Tucker Strawsell (Detroit Lakes High School), majoring in science
• Hayley Courneya (Frazee-Vergas High School), majoring in biology
• Corey Ringsaker (Hawley High School), majoring in chemistry
• Gage Grunst (Perham High School), majoring in engineering