Pelican Rapids special education department benefitted from a nice donation from the family of a Down Syndrome student at Viking Elementary School.
The Backstrom family annually coordinate a fundraiser and t-shirt sale as “Team Samtastic,” in honor of Sam—the school’s sole Down Syndrome student. The annual event is also intended to raise awareness of Down Syndrome. The donation to the Viking Elementary DAPE program this year totalled $1,366.
In other donations announced at the Nov. 9 Pelican Rapids School Board meeting:
– To Boys soccer-Alvin Kvaal – $100
– To ISD 548-Bell Bank-custom card donations-$45
– To Viking Elementary for mittens-Vergas United Methodist Church-$100
– To ISD 548-Comm. Ed.-Alvin Kvaal-$100
– To SADD-American Legion Auxiliary-$75
– To Viking Elementary-Well Fargo Giving Fund-$21
– To OMP Scholarship Fund-MN Natl. Bank-$100
– To Scholarships in memory of Linda Ibberson-Jerry & Gloria Wilm-$25
– To Viking Elementary-Well Fargo Giving Fund-$18