Diabetes prevention is the focus of an informational session coming up at the Pelican Rapids Sanford Health clinic.
The program was developed by the Center for Disease Control and is evidence-based proven to help prevent development of diabetes, noted Rita Cowie, manager at the Pelican Rapids clinic, located east of the Pelican Rapids Post Office on Highway 108 East.
The brief informational session will be Tuesday, February 25 at 5:15 p.m. for those who are interested and want to learn more about the program.
The National Diabetes Prevention Program can help you make a change for life. This program helps you learn how to change your lifestyle to prevent Type 2 Diabetes.
If you want to:
– Eat healthy wihtout giving up all the foods you love
– Add physical activity into your already busy schedule
– Learn tips on how to manage stress
– Learn about coping with challenges that can derail your hard work, like how to choose healthy food when eating out
– How to get back on track if you stray from your plan, because everyone slips now and then!
Risk factors for Type 2 Diabetes:
– 45 years of age or older
– Family history of Diabetes
– Personal history of Gestational Diabetes
Those interested in the session, or have any questions, call the Pelican Sanford Health clinic at 218-863-6100.