REGULAR SCHOOL BOARD MEETING
September 16, 2019
The Pelican Rapids Board of Education held a regular meeting on September 16, 2019 in the board room at the high school at 6:00 p.m. Board members present: Brittany Dokken, Michael Forsgren, Jon Karger, Brenda Olson, Greg Larson. Board members absent: Anne Peterson. Others present: Superintendent Dr. Ed Richardson, Derrick Nelson, Rudy Martinez, Barb Ripley, Kim Gottenborg, Sheryl Anderson, Cary Haugrud, Charla Seter, Lou Hoglund.
The meeting was called to order by Jon Karger.
Viking Elementary School was commended by the school board for being selected as a School of Excellence.
Greg Larson moved to approve the consent agenda consisting of the following items: – Approve board minutes – August 8 & 19 meetings
– Approve financial claims & bills payable-August bills and the treasurer’s report
– Approve donations:
-To Viking Elementary for school supplies – Calvary Church $520
-To Viking Elementary for school supplies – VFW Post 5252 $500
-To Pelican Rapids School-Fine Arts Auditorium – West Central Initiative-Pelican Rapids School Foundation $50,000/Total pledge $61,961
– Hire Mike Douglas as a long-term substitute for Harold Holt starting September 9, 2019
– Hire Jodeen Fitzgerald Roberts as a .5 Spanish teacher
– Approve the LCSC agreements:
– ECFE Services
– ECFE Consortium Membership
– Community Education
– Secondary Vocational Services
– Superintendent Mentorship Services
– Approve the Collaborative Agreement with WCMCA Head Start for 2019-20 – Approve Derrick Nelson as LEA representative for Title and School Continuous Improvement
The motion was seconded by Michael Forsgren and carried.
Jon Karger moved to set the proposed levy for tax year 2020-21 at the maximum amount. The motion was seconded by Greg Larson and carried.
Greg Larson moved to approve the fundraisers and trips for 2019-20. The motion was seconded by Brenda Olson and carried.
Jon Karger moved to set the following regular meeting dates:
January 13, 2020, 6:00 p.m.
February 10, 2020, 6:00 p.m.
The motion was seconded by Brittany Dokken and carried.
Michael Forsgren moved to adjourn the meeting. The motion was seconded by Brittany Dokken and carried.
Jon Karger, Chair
Anne Peterson, Clerk