Pelican’s Riverview building was bank, later Korda clinic
The Otter Tail County Historical Society tour of downtown Pelican Rapids featured historic background of various buildings, prepared by Chris Schuelke, society director.
Following is text of the narrative on the Riverview Place building, pictured during the July tour:
Note the two arches on the front. This was the Otter Tail Bank until it folded during the Depression.
This was also the Korda Clinic beginning in 1951. Dr. Henry Korda was born and raised in Duluth, and received his medical degree from the University of Minnesota.
He served in the Army medical corps during World War II and in 1945 married Marcella Schlemma in France. In 1946, the Kordas came to Pelican Rapids where he and Dr. Howard Kaliher opened a clinic in the old Riverside Coffee building. Korda and Kaliher then purchased the Boysen Hospital (Dr. Peter Boysen) which is where Good Sam is now. They were there until November 1951 when he opened the Korda Clinic at this location. He retired in 1981.
Henry and Marcella Korda purchased the distinctive O.A E. Blyberg house on the hill south of the Pelican Rapids High School campus, where they lived for a number of years. In fact, most local residents refer to it as the Korda House.