Trinity Lutheran groundbreaking was 1953; fast forward to 2019–church raising funds for re-bricking structure
A large crowd attended the groundbreaking service April 12, 1953, for the new Trinity Lutheran Church. Pictured here turning over the soil is Raymond Haugrud, chairman of the building committee, and Rev. Jerstad, who conducted the service. The photo here was taken from a newspaper clipping, so it is not ideal reproduction. The photo was originally taken by Orville Trosvik.
This image is timely, because Trinity Lutheran is in the process of launching a re-bricking project on portions of the building, which is now approaching 70 years old. The re-bricking project is projected at $115,000, and the approximate start date is July 4 this summer. The church is conducting a fundraising campaign, in hopes of raising funds to minimize debt for the project.