Young Pelican Rapids athletes have been hard at work for nearly two weeks, as they prepare for the 2017 fall sports season.
Pictured in the gallery above, photos from recent practices for the football, volleyball and cross country teams.
Action already started, with the Vikings soccer team opening August 25 at home.
Meanwhile, the volleyball squad played its first game August 29 at home against Park Christian.
The Cross Country runners were at Moorhead August 28 to start the season.
The Vikings football team will travel to Pillager Friday, Sept. 1, for a 7 p.m . game.
Upcoming games include:
Football: First home game, Friday, Sept. 8 against Breckenridge.
• At Hillcrest Lutheran Academy Fergus Falls, August 31, 7:30 p.m.
• At Frazee, Sept. 7, 7:30 p.m.
• Pelican Viking tournament, at the Legends gym, beginning at 9 a.m.
• Home game August 29, 4 p.m. against Crookston.
•Home game Sept. 1, 4 p.m. against Melrose. All home soccer games at Brown Field on the west end of Pelican Rapids.
• Away meet in Wadena, Sept. 5 starting at 4:30 p.m.
• At Detroit Lakes Sept. 7, D.L. executive golf course, 4:30 p.m.